Best. Weekend. Ever.


I don't have much to talk about on the knitting front. I've been working on a sock (hereafter to be referred to as the Sock of Hate) out of Berroro Comfort Sock during what little knitting time I've had available. I hate that thing. I think I'm one of those people who just shouldn't knit socks, but I'm determined to finish, since I only have the heel and foot chunk of the second one to go. From here on out, I pledge to knit only worsted weight socks. Ever.

In happy news, I got to spend an amazing almost 5 days with James in Toronto. I think we saw all the big things the city had to offer and were even lucky enough to catch a 16 piece band playing Radiohead songs. (I should add that one of the trombonists was a dead ringer for Matt Smith, so I'm pretending I saw the doctor take a sweet 'bone solo) Of course, I managed to make a trip to Romni Wools and, as you can see above, James snapped this photo of me in my natural habitat. Handknit toque with pompom? Check. Cat purse? Check. ALL THE YARN? Double check. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of visiting this shop.. note that I'm about 5'8"tall. That's a lot of yarn in there. And this was only 1/4 rows. On the first floor. Amazing.

I'm off to hit the hay and work on some reading for school. I can write 2 papers this weekend, and still have time to cast on Christianna's lovely new cowl, Jessie, right?

-H

0 comments:

Post a Comment