WIP: Stasis Pullover

Meet my Rhinebeck sweater, Stasis. At least I'm hoping this will be my Rhinebeck sweater. I was working so furiously this weekend that I resorted to taping my finger as I had almost developed a blister. That's right, my first almost-knitting injury.
I'm working this up in Brooklyn Tweed Loft so this is a bit of a splurge sweater. I've been in love with it since the pattern came out and I'm pretty sure it's classic enough that I'll get years of wear out of it. The Loft is, so far, incredible to work with. There's a bit of straw/grass but I don't mind. This is seriously soft stuff and I don't think I will have any problems wearing short sleeves under this sweater.

My only complaint thus far is that Leila Raabe must be like 4 feet tall because I've had to extend the sleeves by almost 3" and the body by about 2", so I needed to order an emergency 5th ball of Loft on Tuesday when I realized I didn't have enough. (Well, a 5th ball of loft and enough Shelter to make a Setzer cowl because let's be realistic.. one doesn't simply order a single skein of yarn. I think I would have been kicked out of the knitter club for committing that atrocity)Any crossed appendages that USPS and Canada Post can work together to get this here would be most appreciated.

Now that it's sufficiently past my bedtime, I need to get back to my knitting!

-H

0 comments:

Post a Comment