New Favourites

I don't have much in the way of knitting content to share. I've been plugging away on my Kerrera but some of the shoulder directions are seriously messing with my brain, so it's in the timeout chair. Given that the weather has taken a turn for the autumnal around here, I've picked up my Fiddlehead Mittens and am burning through them.



I'm using some Manos Silk Blend as a contrast and Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran as a main. I picked up both while on holidays and didn't have anything in mind for either when I bought them, so I'm pleased with this mini stashbuster project. Not to mention the soft hand of the silk is a great contrast to the roughness of the Scottish Tweed. I'm not sure what colour I'm going with for the lining, but I'm thinking a light grey might look nice, but that's a bit boring. Maybe a green? If you guys have any suggestions that would be awesome.

The only other thing I have to share with you my new favourite breakfast food ever. Quinoa.



I use it a lot for dinners and salads, but today was the first day I tried it with a breakfast spin. I used the recipe from Dinner at Julie and it came out perfectly. Hopefully it will fuel my day of writing grad school statement drafts and reading my neglected sociology textbook.

4 comments:

  1. I vote for gray!
    And an inquiry... are you going to Rhinebeck next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ariane
    Oh, I wish I was going! I live just a bit too far away, though. One year I'm determined to get there.. Are you going? (And thanks for the vote, it seems like such a sensible colour)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made the breakfast quinoa recipe and you're right it's rather tasty. Also, I enjoy breakfast meals for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @dellybean
    Yay! I'm glad you liked it! I might try a pumpkin version this week... maybe mixing a bit of pumpkin puree and spices in with the milk. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete