(Long Overdue) FO Friday

I pulled this cowl out of my closet this morning and realized that it never made it up to the blog in it's full form. So, without further ado, here's my Wicker Cowl!


Pattern: Wicker Cowl by Kate Gagnon Osborn
Yarn: Savannah DK by the Fibre Company

The only modifications I made to this were to add repeats to use up my yarn, since I didn't really feel the need for leftovers. I ended up adding about 1.5 extra repeats on since I'm not picky about symmetry in a piece like this. I love this thing! It's a great transitional knit for fall and keeps me warm in class without the bulk of a scarf. The content of the Savannah (wool/cotton/linen/soy) is great for the transitions I make from a freezing cold building, to the sauna portion of the building, then back outside. (Who doesn't love underfunded arts buildings?) 

Also, the stitch pattern reminds me of thistle. 


I hope everyone has a blast at Rhinebeck this weekend, for those fortunate enough to visit. For the rest of us, I hope your weekend is full of all the delightful things fall has to offer. I'll be imposing some serious study time on myself to get some assignments out of the way, but I'll be supplementing with lots of knitting and perhaps trying my hand at baking some Apple Pie Cookies with the apples from the tree in the backyard. 

Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment