Playing the Waiting Game..

I still haven't quite gotten into the swing of working at my 8-5 office job yet, and I feel super unproductive lately. That means very little knitting, no photography and no blogging. My nights have been full of lazy TV and movie watching, napping, and a lot of web surfing. On the bright not-so-pathetic side, I'm running my first 5K race tomorrow! I'm pretty nervous, though. I'm crossing my fingers I'm not the dead slowest person out there, but it's a mostly non-serious race anyways. I did a practice 5K run on Friday, which felt great and was super convenient as I live exactly 5K away from my office.

In order to quell my anxiety about this as well as my waning knitting mojo, I've been a busy shopper. Though my timing is poor as we're facing a possible postal strike in Canada, I have all kinds of non-creative purchases coming.

Enough Vintage Chunky in Chana Dal to make Vashon. All this running is toning me up quite nicely, and I finally feel confident enough to attempt pulling off a shorter sweater like this. Not to mention how cozy those cables look! Maybe it will even be done by fall. A girl can dream, right?

Photo from Berroco.com

The yarn to make a Wicker Cowl in, you guessed it, natural. I'm super excited about this, it's my first Fibre Company purchase, and I got it for 30% off at Hidden Purls. (And their shipping rates were excellent! Even all the way up here, assuming it makes it due to the strike)

Photo from Kelbourne Woolens

And last but not least, I splurged on a bag from the lovely Katie at Made By Hank. I bought the cutest strappy wallet from her a couple months ago and I can attest to the great quality of her work. Even though it was a bit of a splurge, supporting independent crafters is the best thing ever. I've been watching the evolution of the tough ruffles purses for over a year (maybe 2 or 3) so it's kind of cool that I get my own. I can't wait to tote this around! Plus, that's the perfect shade of teal, right? Never mind that I just bought a sweater in that colour..

Photo from MadeByHank Etsy

So, with that, I'm off to bed. I need to get a good night's sleep so that I can rock my race! Or at least complete it without embarrassment. I'm cool with either result. Do you guys have any special treats coming in the mail? If you do, I hope you get them! (And I hope that Canada Post can figure their garbage out.. much as I scoff and their usefulness, the threat of not having them around is a huge bummer)

2 comments:

  1. i love made by hank! i stalked her for a few years too before i got one of her bags and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Damaris
    I'm so excited. I was going to hold out for one with an "H" on it, but I love that sea glass colour too much to pass up!

    ReplyDelete