Finer Things Monday

While my weekend was generally uneventful, I took the plunge and dyed my hair red! I had it this colour in my first year of University and was feeling a little nostalgic lately. So, off I went to Lush and picked up a brick of henna in Caca Rouge. It was a right mess to apply, and required me rocking a saran wrap turban for 4 hours while managing the drips running down my neck, but it was totally worth it!


Last week, I also finished and blocked my Snapdragon Tam! It has just enough slouch, though I do sort of wish I had made the medium size, but I was worried about running out of yarn.



Pattern: Snapdragon Tam from Ysolda
Yarn: Malabrigo Rios in Sunset
Needles: 4.0 mm


I only used 3/4 of the ball, so I could probably have gotten away with making the medium. I love the hand of the yarn, though it was a bit splitty for working cables. The colour is, well, perfect. It's such a nice pick-me-up to help get through the recent cold snap around here. Well, that's all I've got for now. I have a rather large assignment due on Wednesday, so I'm off to learn how to age and sex sheep from their bones! Oh, and enjoy a matcha latte in my favourite mug. I adore how the green in the mug matches the drink!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous hair, gorgeous bérêt, yummy matcha latte!

    It's rather funny that the dye is called "red poop" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ariane

    Thanks! It's aptly named, since it does look like poop while on your head :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, your hair looks AMAZING! Not many people can wear that shade, but you really wear it well. And it looks really great with that perfect-yellow Snapdragon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freakin' LOVE the color of the hat, especially with your hair! My black hair gets kind of boring sometimes :/

    ReplyDelete