FO: Helena

After much toiling over finishing FO's, I finally have one both finished and documented! Here is Helena that I made for my neighbour's daughter. She's so terribly cute, I couldn't resist making her something this year for what was supposed to be her first birthday/Christmas. It's only a little over a month late, but I'm trying not to feel too bad about it. At least she got it before she grew too much!


Yarn: Sirdar Baby Bamboo
Pattern: Helena by Alison Green Will

Though I didn't weigh the FO, I think I used just over 4 balls. I only had 4 of the green, and had some teal in my stash, hems on the sleeves and bottom are in the contrast.

I think that's one of the loveliest details of this pattern. I was going to skip it and do a garter stitch hem, but I'm so glad with this finish. It looks so beautiful and it adds a little heft and strength where it needs it. This is a beautiful pattern, and thanks to the ties will grow well with a growing kid!

In other news, I have been really good about going to the gym. I've started a weightlifting routine with a friend, so I'm super sore right now. Hopefully it will be worth it when I'm a bit stronger. For now, however, a hot bath is required. Once that's out of the way, tonight will be full of watching the Tudors drinking tea and eating a cupcake by the fireplace. Oh, and knitting a bit too.



Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I love the contrasting color! Gorgeous!
    And cupcake.... yum!

    ReplyDelete